Martin Institute Residents engage in the following:
- Teaching and observation time in the classrooms of exceptional teachers in public and independent schools in the greater Memphis area.
- Teacher-mentor relationships that help residents develop their teaching and learning practices.
- Professional portfolio development.
- Training in technology tools used in the classroom
- Development of a personal learning network.
- Meaningful feedback and observations that help residents grow as teachers and learning leaders.
- Weekly seminars with outstanding teachers, curriculum leaders, innovative administrators and exceptional researchers.
- Leadership experiences like planning and participating in the development of the Martin Institute programs, workshops and conferences.
- Placement recommendations and assistance in securing a teaching job upon program completion.
Our Application Process
|April 1||Application deadline, no late applications will be considered|
|April 4||Notification of finalists to be interviewed in person|
|April 15||Selection Interviews on the campus of Presbyterian Day School. Attendance is mandatory to be considered for a position|
Please be aware that the Selection interview on April 15 is mandatory. All finalists must attend the interview process from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm in order to be considered for a resident position. The finalists will work in classrooms, complete a group project, and be interviewed by a Martin Institute/PDS panel of teachers and administrators.
The Martin Institute will be recruiting at the following Career Fairs. We would love to meet qualified candidates at these locations:
|Rhodes College||February 5|
|Nashville Area College to Career Fair||February 11|
|Christian Brothers University||February 18|
|University of Memphis - Educators Career Fair||March 26|
|Ole Miss Educators Career Fair||March 28|
Please share this information with candidates that you think would benefit from our residency program.
Thank you for your continued support of the Martin Institute for Teaching Excellence.
Director of Teacher Development