Designed and led by the Martin Institute for Teaching Excellence, the New Teacher Network is a series of seminars that supports teachers in designing and leading highly effective classrooms.
The New Teacher Network:
- engages new teachers in problems of practice centered around the classroom
- develops questioning/inquiry skills to be used in professional reflection as well as classroom instruction
- develops higher order thinking skills
- sets outstanding habits/routines of highly effective classrooms
- discusses case studies
- provides coaching strategies and sessions for new teachers
- connects new teachers throughout the city of Memphis in order to form meaningful, professional relationships and learning networks
New Teacher Network seminars are held from 4:00pm to 6:30pm on the campus of Presbyterian Day School, home of the Martin Institute for Teaching Excellence.
Capacity for these afternoon seminars is 100 teachers.
A light dinner is provided.